Sunday, January 23, 2011

Blogger's Block

The curse is formerly known (quite well in my college term paper writing days) as writer's block. However, I feel like since I'm not writing with a pen, that this is more of blogger's block. *sigh* Sometimes I'm such a dork.
No, really.

So rather than ponder what to pen, er, type, I started thinking about what I've been trying to accomplish recently. Yep, goals.

As an aside, you should know I've got amazing typing skills. Even left-handed with a babe-in-arm. I am actually holding baby girl right now as I type. She has this uncanny leaning tendency, so only my right arm will do. But I digress.

What I was doing was thinking and surfing the internet, and I stumbled across one of my favorite blogs--one I only recently (joyfully!) discovered--and a highly relevent topic.

If you haven't met Pioneer Woman, then I'm super excited to be the one to introduce you. If you already know of her, then you know what I mean. But if you really do know her, then I'm just jealous.

Pioneer Woman rocks. Out on the Prairie. She homeschools. She can cook. And take amazing pictures. I love her site. Go, now. Fall in love.

What I stumbled across, however, wasn't a drool-inducing recipe. It was her lessons learned about blogging.

When  I started this, I didn't have any idea what I was doing. But I kept feeling like I should be doing it. Only I felt like it had to have some special identity, a brand or something. Then it dawned on me that this blog is me. My personality. My own brand name. So it can be whatever I want it to be; I can write about whatever I want, whever the mood strikes.

It is pretty liberating to feel the pressure of "perfection" lifted. And with it the blogger's block.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

OMG I LOVE LOVE LOVE me some Pioneer Woman! She is brilliant and every recipe I have tried of hers is amazing! I love reading your blog too - you are a hoot! :-)

Anonymous said...

Great lesson to learn
I often feel like I need to post more, but my life is so busy that I don't. I don't want to post just because I feel like I should.

Now that I post less, I am more interested in what I write.

Welcome to the blogging world!

Amanda T said...

I have her cookbook. Be jealous.