Friday, December 17, 2010

Feeling Saucy

Apparently it's been that kind of week. Comfort food in the form of sauce. My recycling looks like there's been a big party with all the bottles of booze used to cook with. Wonder what my arteries look like after all the cream? Wow.

Tonight I opened a bottle of white wine from Trader Joe's called Venetian Moon. Crisp. Fruity. Clean. Not oakey at all. It also went into the sauce I was making to accompany another TJ's yummy: butternut squash ravioli. That stuff is seasonal. I learned that the hard way. Next year I will stock up and freeze it. I looove it.

Here's the link to the sage cream sauce. (One day I'll learn to take pictures before we devour or discard.) I didn't use the exact measurements. 1/2 cup wine, 1/4 - 1/2 cup cream. I also didn't have shallots, so I used (don't shoot me!) minced dried onion. The pecans made it really quite over the top--like a restaurant. I probably didn't have a 1/2 cup of sauce at the end, but it was plenty to coat the ravioli well. I just tossed the cooked ravioli in the sauce. We all licked our bowls. Well, not really, but it was quite delish. Enjoy!

No comments: